Monday 1 August 2011

One month down!!!

So I have officially been gone for a month! I'll say it again...time is flying by! Which is bittersweet. Last week our lecture topic was "Character of God". After two tough lecture weeks of Truth being shoved at us...this week was refreshing to say the least! It gave us time to kind of soak up God's "AWEsomeness" and just be amazed at how BIG He is, but yet how His love for us is so unfathomable! Our speakers were very interactive with us. We put on a lot of skits, wrote songs/poems, and did different small group activities on some of God's attributes. I even got to put some of my cheerleading skills to use by stunting for a chant my group made up-too much fun! Learning about the character of God is so interesting because it seems like the more you learn about Him...the more questions you have about Him! It is so cool to think that God is outside anything we can even fathom. Isaiah 55:8-9 reads “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.” I love those verses because it paints such a cool picture in my mind of how Big God is and how much power He has. Awesome! And as many questions about God that I have…it drives me nuts to know they won’t be answered during my life on this earth! If you know me very well, you know that I like to have things figured out! But one of my favorite quotes is "If God was small enough to be understood, He would not be big enough to be worshipped" -Evelyn Underhill. That is some great truth to think on!

Every DTS does something called a Faith Project. This is a way to fundraise for the needs here at our base. What my DTS is raising money for is carpet for a house that is being completely redone. This house is going to be used for married couples who are here with YWAM. If you can imagine being a newly married couple and living in a dorm style house with 50 or so other people it does not sound desirable! So this house is going to be made into 3 small flats for different couples to live in. Our DTS has been asked to fundraise $1,100 for the carpets in this house. If you would be interested in donating to this please e-mail me at nicole_rae21@hotmail.com .
Thank you again for all of the prayers and support…I really can’t say that enough! I am beyond blessed to have such a wonderful support system. J
Take care,
Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment